I recognises that myself and my business Josh Harrison Photography (T/A Josh Harrison Media) have a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. I am committed to reducing my environmental impact and continually improving my environmental performance as an integral part of the business strategy and operating methods and trying to encourage customers and suppliers to do the same.
As an individual it is my responsibility to ensure that the environmental policy is implemented.
I endeavour to:
- Reduce waste where possible.
- Limit unnecessary travel.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- I will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- I will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- I will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- I will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
- I will buy products in bulk when possible
- I will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- I will use renewable energy wherever possible
Bulb is the UK's biggest green energy supplier. They provide all members with 100% renewable electricity. For every unit you use, they make sure a unit is produced and put on the grid by a renewable source including solar, wind and hydro. Plus, their gas is 100% carbon neutral. They offset the emissions from the gas they supply by supporting carbon reduction projects around the world. They're also the biggest buyer of green gas for homes in the UK so a chunk of our gas mix comes from renewable sources, like food or farm waste.
- I will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- I will only purchase high quality equipment that will last for many years.
- I will not upgrade equipment unless it has reached the end of it's life.
- I will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- I will reuse and recycle everything I am able to.
- I will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- I will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- I will use public transport or cycling wherever possible.
- If I have to travel I will try and visit multiple clients or combine the visit with personal projects in that area.
Maintenance and cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- I will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.